Saturday, November 3, 2018

Solo Trip : Medan - Part 1


Hi everyone, so after some checklists, tips and tricks, I am gonna proceed to tell you my first solo trip experience. I am not a good story teller and even the trips was last month but I need some to remember some detail at there. Lol. So yeah, hope you are enjoying my experience.

07/10/2018 - Sunday

My flight was on 07th Oct, 0805 (Malaysian Time). I got moved from my house about 0630. Sent by Mr Baka. Lol thanks tho. We both arrived about 0700 and good bye to Mr Baka. Thank you for sending me to airport. *Heart throb* Lol. The flight went well, without any delayed. That day was so sunny and I'm so excited for my first solo trip to Medan. My plan when I'm touching down to Kualanamu Internation Airport, was to go to Danau Toba, then Berastagi and last destination will be Kota Medan before flying back to Malaysia.

I had arrived at airport about 0830 (Indonesian Time). Kualanamu International Airport is just a small airport where we can walk through the whole area. Not really big and I am kinda like it so that I don't have to walk too far just to go to entrance. Out from that airport, besides that airport, on your right side, you can see, there is small bus station. After reading some blogs from internet, so yeah I went to that station, and asked the driver that I am going to Terminal Amplas. You can hop in Damri Bus. Its quite nice with air conditioned. Pretty comfortable for me.

The fare charge from airport to Terminal Amplas was RP 30,000. The journey took about 1 hour plus to arrive at Terminal Amplas. The terminal was kinda old and the bus already kinda old. At that terminal, next I did hopped in Sejahtera Bus for going to Parapat. They took fare for RP 40,000. The journey too damn long. Its took nearly 7 hours to arrive. Dang. Its really scared to see the way the bus driver drove. I can only sleep in order to ignore my dizziness. a lot of peoples had boarded inside that bus. Too many and its crowded. Its make me kinda stuck and dizzy to see this. My first experience on this. Huhu

After the long journey, with no foods at all inside my stomach, I was so freaky hungry. Its make me can't wait to arrive Danau Toba. The bus drove me to Terminal Tiga Raja. I'm freaky hungry but I have no energy to eat, so before I went to ferry, I did bought sim card (took Axis Prepaid - RP 35,000). For me to communicate with my friends and families member. And oh yeah data is truly important for me if I am away for travel or vacation. For ferry fare, I had been charged for RP 15,000. The ferry started to move on 1430. Each of the hotels, hostels, resorts or homestays, they had their own jetty to aboard. Before flying here, I had already booked hostel at Danau Toba for 1 night with charges of RP 60,000. 

The name of that hostel, was Bagus Bay Homestay. For me, I'm taking this as my travel trip, not vacation. So luxury comfortable hotel is not my priority. So yeah if you wanna have some nice hotel to stay maybe you should go for vacation, be a tourist, took a tour guide, all are in your hand. Your choice tho.

I had arrived at Danau Toba about 1600. I'm totally tired. The hostel were easy to find as the location just near with jetty. Checked in done. The room was average. Only queen bed with 2 pillows, sharing bathroom. Inside the room there is nothing except bed, pillows and blanket. I just ... okay I'm cool. Lol. After washed up a bit, I had decided to get foods, but seem I had been lost. I don't know where to go, what to do. I was walking slow thru the valley until I met this one uncle. Really nice uncle. (Forgot to ask his name thou). I did asked him where I can get halal food around here. So he had offered me to bring me to that shop. He ride me with his motor and I'm totally appreciated what he did to me. He even took me back from that shop to my hostel. Without any charges! Thanks a lot uncle!

After ate, I went to shore of Toba. Seeing the scene of it, Masya Allah I couldn't describe it. I will update the pictures once I got my chances. I'm really happy for being here. But somehow I do felt sad, maybe because this is my first solo trip and I felt lonely. Lol. Told this to Mr Baka, and he got mad on me, because he really don't want me to come here. Lol. 

Night approaching and I'm get ready to back to my room. Bought some foods for supper, I'm off to my room, planning my next plan for tomorrow


My budget on 1st day

Hotel : RP 60,000
Damri Bus (To Terminal Amplas) : RP 30,000
Sejahtera Bus (To Parapat - Terminal Tiga Raja) : RP 40,000
Sim card (AXIS - 4GB for 1 Week) : RP 35,000
Ferry to Toba : RP 15,000
Foods : RP 65,000

Total : RP 244,000 @ MYR 74.00 

P/S : will update the picture soon.

1 comment:

Zachary Iman said...

Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rojiun.